We all know how easy it is to allow your kitchen to get dirty. When you live a busy life, keeping your fridge organized and your dishes in their proper place is often the last thing on your mind. So, how do you deep clean your kitchen when the mess gets out of hand?
Luckily, we’ve compiled a detailed guide to help you get your cabinets all neat and tidy and make your counters shine. If you still need a hand, rely on the best house cleaning service in Palmer to give your kitchen the deep cleaning treatment it deserves.
What is the proper way to clean a kitchen?
Is there one right way to clean your kitchen? Well, of course not, but every kitchen has areas which seem to always need extra attention and learning how to clean them properly will take you a long way towards a pristine cooking area.
Cleaning gas stoves
If you have a gas stove, it’s paramount that you learn how to effectively clean the accumulated burnt-on food and grime. It takes elbow grease, but it’s well worth your while! To do this, remove the burner grates and soak them in soapy water and use a cleaning spray designed to remove grease and oil for the burners. Use a toothbrush to ensure you get into all the small crevices.
Cleaning sinks and taps
Since the sink is the perfect place for germs to build up, you need to give it a nice deep clean after each use. To effectively get rid of microbes, buy a multipurpose kitchen agent and use it to clean your sink regularly. For the fixtures, use a product specifically designed for stainless steel to remove fingerprints and avoid damaging the metal.
Cleaning the cabinets
With all the grease and condensation from cooking, your kitchen cabinets can easily become a breeding ground for germs. To keep your cabinets microbe-free, use an oil-soap wood cleaner or mix some dish detergent with water. Another great option is to use a half distilled vinegar/half water solution to spray the surfaces and then wipe them with a dry rag.
How do I disinfect my kitchen?
Dangerous microorganisms find your countertops a perfect place to live. To fight them, you need to clean your kitchen frequently and thoroughly. Unless you learn how to disinfect the surfaces in your kitchen properly, you only help foodborne germs spread throughout your home, risking the health of your family. Here’s what you should do to sanitize your kitchen the right way:
- Wipe counters regularly with dish detergent and water. Rinse away the soap with clean water and dry the surfaces off with a paper towel.
- Mix 1 cup of bleach with 1 gallon of water. Use the mixture to spray the kitchen counters and kill the germs. Make sure to rinse and let the surfaces dry.
- Use detergent and water to wash your cutting boards immediately after you use them and then disinfect them with the bleach mixture. This helps with preventing meat-borne bacteria from spreading.
- Clean all spills promptly. The more you let food residue linger, the easier it will be for microbes to spread. That’s why you should wipe up any spills on the counters or in the fridge immediately.
- To fully sanitize your kitchen, use a mop and the bleach mixture to kill any germs which might have ended up on the floor.
What is the fastest way to clean a kitchen?
Did your pets make a mess on the kitchen floor again? Unexpected guests about to arrive? If your kitchen is in disarray after a busy day, you’ll need a quick and easy way to make it look presentable. Here are some tips:
- Gather all the supplies you’ll need: before you begin, gather all your sponges, cloths and cleaning agents together to speed up the process.
- Soak the dishes: the fastest way to get rid of food leftovers on your plates is to let them soak in a sink filled with hot water while you clean the rest of the room. Quickly wash them afterwards or put them in the dishwasher.
- Clean the sink: use a damp sponge and baking soda to clean your stainless steel sink. Spray it with some vinegar and rinse with water to make your sink shine.
- Clear out the clutter: if your countertop is cluttered, your kitchen won’t look clean no matter how much you scrub the stove and the sink. Gather all unnecessary items in one place and move them somewhere out of sight.
- Wipe visible areas: to make your kitchen appear tidy, quickly disinfect all visible surfaces with detergent and water, especially if you have light colored counters and cabinets.
Hire sublime house cleaning services Palmer residents love
The kitchen is the heart of your home. That’s why you should always keep it tidy, clean and microbe free. However, if you find maintaining your desired level of cleanliness too difficult, we have the perfect solution.
If you need someone to take your mind off chores while you take your kids to Matanuska Valley, White Lilac will be more than happy to help! We strive to always give you more time to spend with your family and provide you with a happy, healthy home by dispatching a cleaning team like no other. Schedule your cleaning today!