Having guests over is a wonderful thing, but it tends to come with a set of obligations – in order to make your guests feel welcome, you’ll have to put in some time and effort to make their stay as comfortable as possible.
Fortunately, we’ve prepared some excellent tips for making your house ready for guests quickly and efficiently. And if you don’t have the time to deal with all the chores, don’t hesitate to book the finest house cleaning in Anchorage and leave the cleaning to the pros.
Read on to learn how to make your house guest-ready!
How do I get my house ready for guests?
No matter the occasion, you’ll want to leave a great impression if you have guests coming over. Now that the holiday season is in full swing, it’s likely that you’ll have to maintain a guest-ready home every single day.
Make the living room shine
Your living room is where your guests will spend most of their time. Make sure it’s clean, tidy, and fresh by removing any unnecessary clutter and wiping down the coffee table and all other surfaces. If you have pets, vacuum the furniture to remove pet hair.
Make sure they are comfortable
Your guests should have sufficient room to take off their shoes and place their belongings. Declutter the entryway and show your guests where they can hang their coats and jackets. If they intend to stay, provide them with extra bedding and pillows and clear out some space in the guest-room closet for their suitcases.
Make toiletries available
Whether your guests are staying only a couple of hours or plan to stay overnight, you should stock up on toilet paper and other bathroom essentials. You should also provide fresh towels for the guests to use.
How to clean quickly for unexpected guests
Guests coming over in 15 minutes but your house is a complete mess? Use these efficient tips to make everything look nice and fresh before they knock on the door:
- Open the windows to let some fresh air in, even for only a couple of minutes.
- Pick up all trash and move the trash bag out of the way if you don’t have the time to take it out.
- Fluff the pillows on the couch to freshen them up.
- Soak dirty dishes in the sink or throw them into the dishwasher.
- Clean the toilet by pouring some toilet freshener, scrubbing it with a brush, and flushing.
- Vacuum if you have the time. If not, remove any rugs from the living room.
What to clean before guests arrive
Certain areas in your home will require special attention if you have guests coming over. Here are some of them:
- Towels. Clean towels are a must, so make sure to load the washing machine before the guests arrive.
- The sink. Both your bathroom and kitchen sink should be disinfected thoroughly if you want to leave a good impression and prevent bacteria from spreading.
- The floors. Remove any cobwebs and dirt from your floors by carefully mopping and vacuuming them.
- The appliances. Your TV, microwave, and fridge should be clean and dust-free for your guests.
- The toilet. The toilet bowl is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria, so make sure to disinfect it as well as possible.
Book premier house cleaning in Anchorage
Preparing your house for guests can take a significant amount of time and effort, especially if you’re preparing your house for a party. If that’s the case, you’ll also have to work hard to keep your house clean while the party is on.
What if we told you you don’t have to waste all your time and energy on cleaning? With White Lilac, you can have your home guest-ready in no time. You’ll even have time to visit the Alaska Zoo with your family before the guests come knocking.
Reach out to us today and get your immaculate home!