We know, your kids just love making a mess of your living room. Your husband too, probably. And if you have pets, maintaining a clean living room may seem like an impossible task at times.
What if we told you that your living room can look spotless every single day? It’s simple! Just reach out to the finest Anchorage cleaners and sit back and relax. They will employ unparalleled cleaning skills to make your living room shine in no time while you finally take a break from all the chores.
Read on to find out how to clean your lounge and maintain your living room furniture!
How do I clean my lounge at home?
You can’t have a spotless living room without consistency. Unless you set a couple of minutes aside every day to do some light cleaning in your living room, you probably won’t be able to stay on top of clutter, dirt and dust.
Here are some simple cleaning tasks you should do every day to ensure your living room always looks its best:
- Declutter and wipe down the coffee table.
- Remove dust bunnies and crumbs.
- Use a microfiber cloth to clean spots.
- Put away any misplaced clothes or toys.
- Flip and fluff the furniture pillows.
When your living room needs a more detailed clean, these light maintenance tasks won’t cut it. Instead, try the following tips:
- Dust all horizontal surfaces
- Spot clean the furniture
- Wash all throws and blankets
- Vacuum the furniture and carpet
How do you clean living room furniture?
How you clean your furniture will depend on the material it’s made from. Maintaining leather upholstery, for example, will require the least time and effort, while a fabric sofa would need a little bit more care to stay in good condition.
Here’s how you can keep your leather furniture clean:
- Vacuum the furniture once a week to keep it dust-free.
- Wipe down the leather with a soft microfiber cloth.
- Do a leather conditioner treatment a couple of times a year.
- React to spills immediately by wiping them with a dry cloth.
- Use only products which are appropriate for leather.
What is the best way to clean a fabric sofa?
While fabric furniture does look elegant and can be very cozy, you are bound to have some issues when trying to clean it. A spill on your leather couch is not a big deal – all it takes is a quick wipe and voila! Unfortunately, this probably won’t be the case with your fabric sofa.
It’s not all bad! You simply need to be slightly more careful when cleaning your fabric sofa. The following tips may help:
- Use a towel to gently blot out spills and stains as soon as they happen.
- Check the manufacturer’s cleaning instructions before you try to remove stains.
- Use a hand-held vacuum to remove crumbs and dust from the furniture fabric.
- Go over the sofa with a stiff natural-bristle brush to loosen stains and get rid of dust.
- Spot clean with a suitable eco-friendly product after you’ve tested it on a small area.
Looking for dependable Anchorage cleaners? Reach out to White Lilac!
Maintaining a spotless home is no easy feat. There’s always something that needs to be done, no matter how much time you spend on cleaning every day.
If you’re exhausted from all the vacuuming, scrubbing and dusting, reach out to White Lilac and delegate your chores to seasoned cleaning professionals who will gladly take your mind off of cleaning while you explore Chugach State Park with your loved ones. Contact us today and enjoy a healthy, happy home!