Being such a high-traffic area in every home, the living room can get way too messy way too fast. No matter how hard you try to keep the clutter in check, it just seems to pile up over again every day. So, how can you clean your living room efficiently?
Keep reading to find out how to keep your living room tidy and squeaky clean every single day. If, however, you feel like cleaning your living room requires too much time and effort, reach out to the foremost house cleaning services in Anchorage and forget about the mess without lifting a finger!
How do I declutter my living room?
For most families, the living room is the ideal dumping ground for everyone’s belongings. It’s where all the kids’ clothes, pet toys, and old newspapers end up, no matter how hard you try to keep everything in its proper place.
If this is true for your family too, you must be in dire need of some useful decluttering tips to make your living room ship-shape. Here’s how you can clear out the clutter efficiently:
- Throw away unnecessary items: sort through your clutter and decide what should stay and what should go. Be ruthless! You probably don’t need that nice-looking wine bottle from three years ago.
- Find smart storage solutions: boxes, baskets, and bins are not only great for storing or kinds of items but can also serve as decor for your living room. Shop around and find the ones you like the most and you’ll always know where everything is!
- Don’t hold on to trinkets: your living room will be much easier to clean and also look much better if you keep the decorations to a minimum. Decide which items you want to display and which you can store or give away.
- Sort your magazines: even if you have a suitable place for holding your old newspapers and magazines, they will certainly get out of hand unless you throw some of them away on a regular basis.
- Throw out unusable items: if something is broken and can’t be fixed, there’s no reason to hold on to it unless you really can’t bring yourself to get rid of it because of sentimental value.
How can I clean my living room fast?
Need to get your living room clean quickly? Don’t despair! Whether you have unexpected guests or your landlord coming over, you’ll be able to make your living room shine with the amazing tips we’ve prepared just for you.
The first step is to get your supplies in one place. You will need a big garbage bag, laundry basket or box, mop, vacuum, duster, and appropriate cleaning agents. Once you have everything prepared, take the following steps:
- Take your laundry basket and pick up any misplaced items as you go.
- Get the garbage bag and remove all trash from the room
- Quickly dust the shelves, tables, and appliances
- Vacuum and mop the floor to pick up the dust
- Use EPA-approved products to disinfect surfaces
By this point, your living room should look much better. If you have some time to spare, take your cleaning products and do some detailed cleaning. For example, you can get rid of all cobwebs or try to clean your living room furniture a little bit.
Looking for first-rate house cleaning services in Anchorage? We’re your #1 choice!
Cleaning and tidying up your living room isn’t that difficult if you know how to do it efficiently. Still, many people simply don’t have enough time in their day to keep on top of all their chores.
If you’re one of those people, you’re in luck! There’s no need to worry about the mess when you can rely on the seasoned cleaning pros at White Lilac to take care of your chores with unparalleled precision and professionalism while you visit the Anchorage Museum with your family. Contact us and get your pristine home today!