Social and professional obligations can make keeping up with housework seem like an impossible feat. And if your partner doesn’t want to pitch in, the situation can only get worse. Unless you get your partner to help you with chores, you’ll have to do everything yourself. You’ll clean up before guests arrive, make sure the house is clean during parties and be solely responsible for teaching your kids to clean.
Luckily, you can get the much-needed help by hiring the finest house cleaning service in Anchorage, AK. With your chores in the hands of experienced cleanliness experts, you’ll be free to take a well-deserved break from cleaning and visit the Anchorage Museum.
Keep reading to learn how to motivate your partner to clean!
Should husbands help with housework?
In many households, it is assumed that the woman should be the one who deals with all the chores. Unfortunately, most husbands are comfortable with such a state of affairs and leave all the cleaning to their wives. Still, it isn’t particularly fair that the wife should be responsible for all housework on top of all other obligations, especially if she has children and works full-time. If you are a wife who’s tired from having to do everything herself, you’re probably looking for a way to motivate your husband to help out. Read on!
How can I get my partner to clean more?
If you are tired of all the work you have to do around the house and want to sit down and speak to your partner about it, you should know how to do it effectively, without anger and resentment. Here are some steps you could take to motivate your partner to help out around the house.
Start with a conversation
An open and straightforward communication should be the first step towards resolving the issue of cleaning in your household. Sit down with your partner and tell them how exhausting everything is for you, without nagging and criticizing. This should allow your partner to see your side of things and hopefully encourage them tor help out more.
Keep anger at bay
It’s only natural that you would feel frustrated and angry if your partner doesn’t do anything around the house. However, nagging them about it and blowing up in anger would hardly bring any results. Make sure to stay calm and collected when discussing the issue with them if you wish to make progress.
Don’t criticize their work
If you manage to motivate your partner to help out, try not to be nitpicky about their cleaning job. They are probably trying their best and have no experience in dealing with housework. What matters is that they understand your struggle and are trying to take some of the load off your back.
Leave the mess where it is
If nothing else seems to work, you can try refraining from doing any chores until your partner gets tired of the mess and cleans it. This may seem like an extreme measure, especially if you really can’t stand the mess, but it may bring you the results you’re looking for.
How do you deal with a messy partner?
Some people are simply less neat than others. If this is true for your partner, it’s possible that you’ll never manage to get them to clean as much as you’d like to. That’s why you should learn how to live with a messy partner without getting too frustrated. Here are some tips:
- Compromise. Try to find common ground with your partner and agree to maintain a certain level of cleanliness in the home. This will mean that you may have to lower your expectations a bit and your partner will need to work a little harder to keep up.
- Divide responsibilities. Even if you delegate the easiest chores to your partner, it will surely help you maintain a clean and tidy home. Talk to them about the chores they’d like to do and try to reach an agreement.
- Agree to keep certain areas neat. If your partner can’t help being messy, it might be a good idea to allow them to have zones in the house where they’d be allowed to be as untidy as they want to be and agree on areas you’ll both try to keep clean.
- Be patient. Motivating your partner to clean can take time. Even if they truly want to help you, they may not know how to deal with the chores efficiently. Give them time and help out if you can.
- Book professional cleaners. Possibly the best way to resolve your cleaning issues is to have expert cleaners take care of the chores. This way, you’ll have more time for things that matter to you and you’ll no longer have to argue with your partner about the chores.
Rely on the best house cleaning service in Anchorage, AK
Hiring professional cleaners to deal with your chores brings a whole range of benefits. Not only will your home be sparkling clean every day, but you’ll also know that you and your family are safe from harmful germs as expert cleaners will use effective eco-friendly supplies to make your home shine.
Why not reach out to White Lilac today and get the spotless home you’ve always wanted? Give us a call and forget about the mess.