While booking a professional window cleaning service in Wasilla, AK is by far the easiest way to make sure your window glass is always shiny and clear, there may still be times when you’ll want to clean your windows yourself.
In an effort to help you simplify your window cleaning and avoid leaving streaks or scratches on the glass, we have prepared a short window cleaning guide. Read on to learn more.
What is the best thing to use to clean windows?
Different kinds of glass have different cleaning needs. Some types scratch easily, while others are extremely tough and resistant to damage. Knowing which type your windows are made of is crucial in order to avoid damaging your windows while cleaning them.
Here’s how to clean different kinds of glass:
Annealed glass doesn’t use any special coatings or technologies. When broken, it shatters into large pieces.
Here’s how to clean it:
- Liberally soak the window with a glass cleaner, or water and soap.
- Clear stuck-on debris by scraping the surface with a razor blade or gently scrubbing it.
- Use a squeegee to remove the glass cleaner (or water and soap).
- Dry the window using a microfiber towel.
You can follow the same cleaning approach for this glass as you would for annealed glass. However, do NOT scrape it with a razor blade, as that may damage it.
This extra-strong glass turns into pebble-sized pieces when broken, which makes it a lot safer than other types of glass. That being said, it’s not very scratch-resistant, so you should clean it using a first-rate cleaner and a microfiber towel.
As their name implies, these windows don’t need to be cleaned. They actually use rain and sunlight to remove grime and organic matter from the glass. Furthermore, the way rain runs off of them leaves no streaks and dries quickly.
If you really hate cleaning your windows and don’t want to book a window cleaning service, investing in self-cleaning windows may be the right option for you.
What do professional window cleaners use to clean windows?
Using the right cleaning equipment is essential. You’ll need a 5-gallon bucket, a scrubber, a squeegee, a glass cleaning solution (or water and soap), and soft microfiber towels (or lint-free rags).
Here’s how to use these supplies:
- Step #1: Put some towels beneath the window to keep water from dripping on the floor.
- Step #2: Wipe down the exterior frame with a wet terry cloth rag. If the frame is really dirty, use a regular household cleaner.
- Step #3: Prepare your cleaning solution in the bucket.
- Step #4: Dip the scrubber in the bucket and wring out any excess water before scrubbing the glass.
- Step #5: Once you’re done cleaning it, dry the glass by wiping it down with the squeegee. Use a towel or a rag to remove water or dirt from the squeegee blade as you work.
Where can I schedule a comprehensive window cleaning service in Wasilla, AK?
We’ll come right out and say it: window cleaning is boring, repetitive, and tiring! Wouldn’t it be better if, instead of scrubbing glass, you could spend more time with your loved ones or attend a sporting event at the Curtis D. Menard Memorial Sports Center?
Here at White Lilac, we can help you do just that by sending the top cleaning pros in Wasilla straight to your front door. Book your cleaning today, or give us a call if you’d like to learn more about who we are and what we do.